Making My Tree Hut

Last term we started to collect recycling things to make a tree hut. We had to bring them to school for the last week of term when we were going to plan how to make our own tree houses.

First I  made the tree with three toilet paper rolls. I stuck two rolls on the side of my tree and the tree went up into the air. Then I decided to make my hut inside that tree. I made the hut with a little box that was stuck down with glue. Sometimes I used too much glue and it took a long time to dry.

In the end we were able to paint our tree huts and that was successful. The first test was to see if it would fall over in front of the fan for ten seconds. This was like a wind and my hut stood still. Then we put 4 scissors on top of the huts to check for weight and I was successful too. Last, we went outside and Mrs Yumul poured some water over the huts to see if they were water resistant. No water got inside mine. I was very happy.so much fun. I put a picture of a family inside the window of my hut. It looked cool.

On the last day we had to do three tests to see if we were successful we won.